Ownership and Control of my Offshore Company

Can I switch my IBC from one Registered Agent to another?

Yes. This can be done by sending a written request to the current Registered Agent, asking him to resign and pass the administration of Your offshore company to another licensed Registered Agent. Normally such requests will be honoured without question. The BVI Business Companies Act actually provides for a procedure whereby a transfer of a company to another Registered Agent can be completed without obtaining a formal release from the previous Agent.

Although legally the change of Registered Agent is fairly straightforward, clients acting in bad faith (for instance, trying to avoid the payment of accepted and past-due company renewal fees) may encounter difficulties. Quite simply, they may find that no other Registered Agent is willing to accept the administration of such company.